Chocolate and peppermint is one of my all time favorite Christmas flavor combos. Last year I made Chocolate Peppermint Pudding, but this year I wanted to switch things up a little and see what adding pretzels to that classic flavor combination would do and these Chocolate Covered Peppermint Pretzels were born!
Crunchy, salted pretzels are dipped in rich chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate, and then topped with crushed peppermint in a delicious bite sized snack. Trust me when I say that they will not last long. Their salty yet sweet flavor combo is just too good.
This is by far one of the easiest recipes. It only takes four ingredients and is quick to make. You start off with lining a baking sheet with wax paper. I recommend using wax paper instead of parchment paper because the pretzels will stick less to the wax paper after they’ve been dipped in the chocolate.
Melt your chocolate wafers in a double boiler or in the microwave. I chose dark chocolate, but milk chocolate will work just as well if that’s what you prefer! I like using good quality chocolate wafers, but good quality chocolate will also work in a pinch. If you use chocolate instead of meltable wafers, the pretzels just won’t be as stable at room temperature and will melt more easily if you handle them a lot.
Use tongs or food tweezers to carefully dip each pretzel in the chocolate, letting the excess drip off before placing them on the wax paper lined baking sheet.
Next, melt your white chocolate wafers in a double boiler or in the microwave. Use a fork to drizzle white chocolate over each chocolate covered pretzel.
Immediately sprinkle the crushed peppermint on top of the pretzels.
Pop the pretzels in the fridge to chill until you’re ready to eat them! Trust me, they won’t last long.
Chocolate Covered Peppermint Pretzels
Crunchy, salted pretzels are dipped in rich chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate, and then topped with crushed peppermint in a delicious bite sized snack.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 15–18 pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup white chocolate wafers
- Crushed peppermint (about 2 candy canes)
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate wafers in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Using food tweezers or tongs, carefully dip each pretzel in chocolate, letting the excess drip off before placing them on the wax paper.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate over each chocolate covered pretzel.
- Immediately top each pretzel with crushed peppermint.
- Chill pretzels until ready to eat. Store pretzels in a container by separating each with squares of wax paper.
You can use good quality chocolate if you don’t have chocolate wafers, but the pretzels will be a little more temperature sensitive. I used dark chocolate wafers, but you can use milk chocolate wafers if you prefer them.
Keywords: chocolate, pretzels, peppermint