Who else was raised on the classic PB & J sandwich? I’m talking about a sandwich with soft bread, peanut butter generously smeared on one side and jelly smeared on the other. Just the thought of the creamy peanut butter blending with the sweet jelly reminds me of elementary school days.
I decided to mix things up a bit and pair those two classic flavors with ice cream in a delicious, cold PB & J Milkshake! Jelly is piped into each glass for a fun design and peanut butter, jelly, milk, and ice cream are blended together for a creamy drink.
I love creating milkshake recipes because they’re pretty simple and don’t require a ton of ingredients or steps. Plus, there’s no reason to turn on the oven, which makes them even better, especially for hot summer days.
To make this milkshake, you’ll just need four ingredients, most of which you’ll likely already have on hand: vanilla ice cream, milk, peanut butter, and jelly. If you choose to top the milkshake with whipped cream, you’ll also need heavy whipping cream and sugar.
To get started, you’ll heat up 1/4 cup of the jelly in a small microwavable bowl just until it is smooth when stirred. If you have a piping bag on hand, spoon the jelly into it and carefully drizzle it onto the sides of both glasses. If not, you can also drizzle the jelly with a spoon, but it might be slightly messier. Once you’ve drizzled it onto both glasses, pop them in the freezer to chill for 5-10 minutes.
Next, puree the ice cream, milk, peanut butter, and remaining jelly in a blender for about ten seconds until it is thick and creamy and set this aside.
To make your whipped cream, blend together the heavy whipping cream and sugar in a large bowl until somewhat stiff peaks have formed.
Now you just need to assemble the milkshakes. Carefully pour the milkshake into both glasses, top each off with a dollop of whipped cream, and enjoy!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshakes
Who else was raised on the classic PB & J sandwich? I decided to mix things up a bit and pair those two classic flavors with ice cream in a delicious, cold PB & J Milkshake! Jelly is piped into each glass for a fun design and peanut butter, jelly, milk, and ice cream are blended together for a creamy drink.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 5–6 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup jelly
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup jelly
- Heat 1/4 cup jelly in a small microwavable bowl until smooth.
- Spoon jelly into a piping bag or a small plastic bag with a hole cut out in one corner. Carefully drizzle jelly along the sides of two tall glasses. Freeze glasses for 5-10 minutes.
- Puree ice cream, milk, peanut butter, and the remaining jelly in a blender for 10 seconds until thick and creamy.
- Combine heavy cream and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Mix on medium-high with a handheld or stand mixer until somewhat stiff peaks have formed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, slightly whisking before using if need be.
- Pour milkshake into each glass and chill until ready to serve.
- Top each milkshake with a spoonful of whipped cream.
Keywords: peanut butter, jelly, milkshake, pb and j