Don’t get me wrong, I like to dive into intricate recipes with detailed instructions and multiple components, but every once in a while, I just want to bake something really good that’s also really simple to put together. That’s where these Coconut Muffins come in.
These Coconut Muffins smell and taste of delicious coconut, are delicate and tender, and are super easy to make without also making a million dishes. Sounds like a plan to me. You in?
They’re so easy in fact that you start off by putting all of your dry ingredients, including the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, in one bowl. Then you whisk the wet ingredients, such as the melted butter, eggs, coconut milk, and coconut in another. The wet ingredients are carefully poured into the dry ingredients and stirred just until everything is combined. And that is all the mixing you have to do!
From there you scoop the batter into a muffin pan, sprinkle each with a pinch of sugar and a dash of more coconut, and send them off on their way to the oven.
These muffins have just the right amount of coconut in them without it being overpowering. If you want them to have a little more of a crunch, you can substitute the sweetened flaked coconut for unsweetened flaked coconut. Either way, you’ll have a delicious treat to enjoy!
Author: Marisa Guerra
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for topping
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Prepare a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, coconut milk, and coconut.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring just until it is combined.
- Scoop the batter into 12 muffins liners or 6 jumbo liners, so that each liner is about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with sugar and a layer of coconut.
- Bake muffins for 10-15 minutes or until they are slightly golden and the coconut topping has started to toast.
- Let muffins cool slightly on a cooling rack.