Are you more of a chewy cookie person or a crispy cookie person? I think the perfect cookie has a combination of both. I love it when cookies are crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. These Maple Cinnamon Cookies are exactly that. They’re crisp around the edges, but soft with just the right amount of chewiness in the center.
Maple syrup, cinnamon, and ginger are brought together to make a sweet, yet spice filled dough. I recommend using good quality Grade A Dark Color syrup because it has a stronger maple flavor. Don’t worry, if you’re looking for something else to make with the syrup, I’ve got you covered with this Buttermilk Waffle Cake with Maple Buttercream and these Maple Cream Scones.
These cookies are great because they come together quickly. You’ll get started by measuring out all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and whisking them together. Set that aside and blend the butter and brown sugar together in a stand mixer. Once the butter mixture is smooth, you’ll add in the egg.
Next it’s just a matter of alternating between adding the flour mixture and the maple syrup until you have a cohesive dough. You can chill the dough if you need to, but you can also start to scoop and bake the cookies right away.
I like to use a 2 tbsp cookie scoop to form a little over 2 dozen cookies, but any size cookie scoop will work. Just make sure you leave a few inches between each cookie and adjust baking times depending on whether you use a smaller or larger scoop.
Once the cookies are scooped, it just takes about 15 minutes until they are baked and another 5 minutes until they have slightly cooled. They pair well with coffee, tea, or just as a snack on their own. They are best kept in a container for up to two weeks, but chances are they’ll be long gone before then!
Maple Cinnamon Cookies
These Maple Cinnamon Cookies are crisp around the edges, but soft with just the right amount of chewiness in the center.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: About 2 dozen servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Grade A Dark Color Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on low, add in the egg.
- Beginning and ending with the flour mixture, alternate between adding the flour mixture and the maple syrup to the batter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with your spatula.
- Using a 2 tbsp scoop, form cookies into balls and place them a few inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until cookies are firm around the edges.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
This recipe makes a little over 2 dozen cookies using a 2 tbsp sized scoop.
Keywords: maple, cinnamon, cookies