I’m back with another milkshake recipe for you! I think we all deserve another milkshake with all of this heat, don’t you? If you love mint and chocolate as much as me, this is the milkshake for you. Delicious crème de menthe meets luscious vanilla ice cream and little bits of bittersweet chocolate for a cool and refreshing drink.
Just like with my Dark Chocolate Mint Chip Cake, I love using crème de menthe because it adds just enough of a mint flavor without being too strong. You can use mint extract instead to make it more kid friendly, but be sure to add about 1 tsp at a time until you reach the flavor you want as a little goes a long way.
This recipe is as simple as it gets: ice cream, milk, crème de menthe, and chocolate. Boom. Only other thing is if you want to add a few drops of green food coloring for some fun or top it off with some whipped cream.
Most of the chocolate will float around in the milkshake, but some of the heavier pieces will sink to the bottom waiting for you to find them when you take that last sip. This milkshake comes together really quickly, and is a great way to stay cool in this heat. Plus, it’s basically like mint chip ice cream in milkshake form, and what’s better than that?
Mint Chip Milkshakes
Author: Marisa Guerra
Mint Chip Milkshakes
- 4-5 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup milk or almond milk
- 2 ½-3 tbsp crème de menthe
- 2 tbsp chopped bittersweet chocolate, plus more for topping
- Green food coloring
- Puree ice cream, milk, and crème de menthe in a blender for 10 seconds until thick and creamy.
- Add chocolate chips and blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring and puree until combined.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- Combine heavy cream and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Mix on medium-high with a handheld or stand mixer until somewhat stiff peaks have formed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, slightly whisking before using if need be.
- Pour milkshake into two tall glasses and chill until ready to serve.
- Top each milkshake with a spoonful of whipped cream and chopped chocolate.